Saturday, November 20, 2010

Dinosaurs on the prowl

Making softies is a lot of fun.  I've made a couple over the last year, and I always find myself smiling while making them.  They're just so cute you can't help but smile!

I was originally planning on making a growth chart for my nephew, but as I started the project, I decided that I wanted something to make something that a 9-month-old would actually love.  I found a pattern for a dinosaur in One Yard Wonders, one of my favorite other-sewing-projects books, and knew it would be a big hit.

I made the mistake of cutting out the pattern pieces in front of my own munchkin, who quickly deduced that I was making a dinosaur.  He promptly asked...or demanded while still saying please...that I make one for him as well.  I let him pick out the fabrics for both his dinosaur and my nephew's, and I must say, I was quite impressed with his selection, he did a great job.




This pattern was super easy to follow, though I opted not to make a rolling dinosaur, as suggested in the pattern, if nothing but because the idea of working with wood frightens me and without my husband around to do the woodworking, I figured it would be smart to skip that step.

Now I must wrap them ASAP before my toddler wakes up and finds them!

P.S. - Want a fun softie to start with?  How about a mermaid?  Check out Kate's blog to find out about her recent mermaid party and to find a free Wee Wonderfuls mermaid pattern.

3 comments:

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat