Thursday, November 4, 2010

Swap Fever

It's funny, my munchkin is big on the mail these days.  We make a big production out of going out to the mailbox every day, as a result.  Usually not the highlight of my day.  Normally, all I get are boring bills, the occasional magazine or catalog, but lately, my mailbox has been a happy place.  A happy place that holds fabric, yippee!


Ooh, what have we here?  A beautiful holiday Michael Miller fat quarter from my Ho Ho Holiday Swap partner.  Awesome!  I adore this little goody.  And that's not all!  A gorgeous drawstring gift bag full of scraps from Lesly, thanks to a fun scrap swap we did.  I just love all of these creative swaps, they're so much fun.

Speaking of swaps, I'm in the midst of sketching some mug rug designs for the big scrappy mug rug swap.   I've been making some fabric stacks, to get the creative juices flowing.  I'm still debating between what color scheme I'm going to go with...seems my partner's a big fan of the both bold color and muted color, so I'm not sure which direction I'm going to go in yet.  I foresee myself making one of each at this point...

Some Alexander Henry owls, Carolyn Gavin Wild Thyme, Michele D'Amore World Play, and some Kona solids

Carolyn Gavin Wild Thyme, Momo Freebird, Michael Miller Ta Dot, Denyse Schmidt Katie Jump Rope, and Lizzy House Red Letter Day

Have you seen some of Mary's mug rugs?  She is my mug rug hero!  She has been whipping up a boatload of Joel Dewberry mug rugs.  I'd love to be her partner!

Happy sewing!

4 comments:

  1. oh those oranges in your last pile are gorgeous....what a fun mail day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been having the same fun mail day lately - but my 4 yr old is extremely disappointed when he "reads" that the package starts with "A" for AnneMarie and not with "T". He's even more disppointed when it's fabric. Today I rec'd fabric AND a cookbook. Super fun for me!! He's wondering when something cool like Lightning McQueen or Legos will come in the mail....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get more grays to work with. Love the orange and gray together!
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always hear about these great swaps after the fact. I'd love to get in on something like this. I love when I get fabric packages in the mail... it's so exciting and fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat