Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wild WiP Wednesday

First off, let me warn you all.  There are only 44 sewing days left until Christmas.  And that's not counting shipping days!  Eek!  

So, today's the first day of Lee's new Work in Progress Wednesday linky.  I'm so glad she's starting this, it gives me an excuse to make another list every week!

Back in my professional days, I was known to have lots of different projects going at once.  Now, as a quilter, I'm no different.  Especially with the holidays rapidly approaching, I've got a ton of projects all going at once.  Let's see, there's...




1. Christmas Whirlygiggles quilt - Hot off my machine, just finished quilting this bad boy last night.  I've put off quilting this one for a while, but now that I did it, I'm relieved for it to be almost finished.  I've got to it ship off to Connecticut when it's all done, so I'll be super happy to check this one off my list.  I waffled on how to quilt this one, but I'm glad I wound up stippling this one, it really lets the whirlygiggles stand out.




2. Grandmother-in-law quilt - I started this quilt last week, on a whim, trying to come up with what-on-Earth to get my 90-something grandmother-in-law for Christmas.  She is quite possibly the hardest person on my list to shop for from year to year.  She has macular degeneration and loves to listen to audiobooks, so I thought a nice quilt to curl up under might be a really awesome gift for her.  The quilt top is fully done, though I haven't made the back just yet.




3. Poppy Pleated Tote - There's only one picture in existence of my maternal grandmother, whom I met only once when I was very young.  It's black and white and she's standing in a poppy field.  When I saw Laura Gunn's Poppy collection, I just knew that I needed to make something for my mother with those gorgeous prints.  Enter Artsy Crafty Babe's Pleated Tote pattern.  Yay!  This one is almost done!  Just need to slipstitch the inside lining, then all done.




4. Clermont Farms Table Runner - Started to cut some fabrics for this one, though that's about as far as I've gotten!  I'm using a Moda Bake Shop tutorial, called City Windows, and it looks like it will come together super easy.




5. That Girl...That Quilt Along - I'm behind :(  I've managed to sew on the white border, but not my aqua border just yet.  My blocks are sitting on my ironing board, waiting to be pressed, and I'm hoping I'll get caught up today.



6. Scrappy Mug Rug Swap - Just need to bind this little bad boy, then it's done!

7. Pillow Talk Swap - Got my partner, and I feel super inspired after stalking her on Flickr a bit.  I am sketching away and starting to look at fabrics.

8. Ho Ho Holiday Swap - I've been doing a bit of sketching, but I haven't gotten further than that just yet!

Got some works in progress to share?  Make sure to visit Lee's new linky over at Freshly Pieced!

10 comments:

  1. Only 44 more days?!? I'm dead meat! Love the Poppy tote. Can't wait to see how everything turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, lady!! You have been busy!! Love that whirrlygiggles quilt!

    AnneMarie @ Gen X Quilters

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your project list is so impressive! I only wish I were that organized! Love the whirrlygiggle quilt! Can't wait to see how that turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see what your quilt along blocks look like. The whirrlygiggles quilt is impressive - I recognize the 12 Days of Christmas fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know when the new header came along but it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that little scrappy mug rug! The colors are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i just started my pillow talk project and i like it so far. after that i need to work on christmas gifts. not to much progress there. but i will get it done. 43 days now....yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in the same boat with a lot of my projects. You should see my to-do list! Keep it up, you can do it. PS. I love the whirly gig quilt. I want to make one too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow you sure keep yourself busy! unfortunately neither professionally or quilting-wise am i able to juggle so many diferent projects. right now, i'm concentraating on the baby i'm expecting, so i'm making bibs, a toiletries bag to match a id card holder and i'm knitting boots. and that's it basically...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat