Thursday, November 11, 2010

Playing catch up

The snot fairy has arrived at our house, visiting my munchkin.  We've almost gone through an entire box of tissues since she made her brazen appearance last night.  Naturally, the day's been short of sewing time for the most part.  I did manage to find some time to finish my blocks for the That Girl...That Quilt Along, though.

I am super excited about this quilt, if only because I am the lucky recipient of it! When I first joined the quilt along, I had thought it would make an easy holiday gift, but as I picked out my fabric, I decided it would also make an awesome birthday present for myself next month, so that's the plan.

I'm really digging the Kona Azure with 90% of my blocks, even in my awful evening lighting in my sewing room.




But the other 10%?  I'm not so sure.  I really wish there weren't any all green blocks like this.  They feel out of place with the Azure...




This one is definitely my favorite though.  I love this medallion print, especially in the aqua colorway!




I'm hoping that once I lay out the quilt that I'll feel more confident about that Azure.  I will definitely pick up some more of it to have in my stash, it's a beautiful color and complements Bliss just beautifully!  Can't wait to see what Jennifer cooks up for our next step in the quilt along tomorrow :)

7 comments:

  1. I think you'll like it better when it's laid out. Remember, right now you're looking at the individual blocks separately from the rest. But nobody will see it that way when it's done—they'll see the whole quilt and the way ALL the colors and prints work together.

    I think it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your colors! I think all the colors will balance out nicely. Azure is one of my favorite Kona colors!

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fabric combination. I think it will all come together when you get it all laid out. I love that aqua square, too! And good for you for keeping this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with everyone else. Once all of the blocks are together this will work beautifully together! I don't blame you at all for wanting to keep it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catching up? - you are doing great! Your blocks look so pretty. I had to go look at my Kona card in order to see what Azure really looked like and then I held it up to one of my Bliss squares. OH, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these blocks are gorgeous...your squares are perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat