Monday, August 24, 2015

39 Blocks Before Baby: Week Four

This week is a star kind of week in the 39 Blocks Before Baby project. I'm actually really proud of myself for getting this far with making only a few start blocks - this brings the grand total of star blocks so far to 3. I'm down to just another six 6" blocks to make after this week, which is amazing!



Double Star
The Double Star block is a simple one-template paper pieced block, very quick to put together, and very easy to boot. I can see this block making a great mini quilt - maybe in different rainbow shades...I should stop getting ahead of myself here, goodness! No need to come up with new projects right now!

Exploding Star
This classic goodie from the 2013 Lucky Stars Block of the Month Club has been one of my favorite stars for quite a long time, and I knew I wanted to incorporate it into this quilt. I've made several of them over the years, but this might be my favorite iteration, mainly because of that gorgeous Joel Dewberry woodgrain print. Holy wow does it look fantastic in this block! I definitely see me using this print more in the blocks to come for this quilt.

Ten down, twenty-nine to go!! If you're interested in making this fun sampler along with me, check out all of the details of the Epic Sampler Block of the Month Club right here. Have a wonderful week everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Your color choices are just fabulous in those great blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so looking forward to the Epic BOM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh love these. I agree, your colour and fabric choice is beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat