Wednesday, December 12, 2012

WiP Wednesday: The one with all the zippers

Zippers, zippers, and more zippers. I have literally used thirteen zippers in the last three days, sewing up holiday gifts and such, but it's been really kind of fun (except for one of them). Are you doing any holiday sewing this year? Here's what I've got going on at the moment...

Finished up:
FPP star zip pouches - you can read more about these here

The collection

Pillows - you can read more about these here

EPP Starflower pillow - done!Spools pillow - detail

Still going:
Kawaii Winter Sampler - I'm falling behind on this one, but I'm still having fun. I have a sneaking suspicion this won't get finished before Christmas, but I really hope to finish it by the end of the year at least.

IMG_2073

Zip pouches for school auction - Just about done, just need to finish up the zipper ends!

New this week:
Zakka Style Zip Organizer - Krista's post during the Zakka Sew Along has been immensely helpful, and I'm now near the finish line on this, just need to finish wrangling the binding.

IMG_2066

A new superhero quilt - The munchkin has been asking for a while, but now that he's mentioned it to Santa, I really want to make this happen. One block down, nineteen more to go!

IMG_2063

Paper pieced star BOM Club - The FPP star zip pouches came from this crazy dream I had where I did a paper pieced star BOM club on my blog for next year. I've sketched out nearly 12 of them so far, and I'm curious - would you be interested in a paper pieced star or just paper pieced BOM club next year? I'm still working out the details of how it would all work and how much it would cost, but would you be interested?

I hope you're having a great week so far, have a wonderful day! Don't forget to catch up on other quilters' and sewists' To Sew lists at Freshly Pieced.

19 comments:

  1. holy zippers batwoman! All gorgeous projects and love that sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks like you have been a productive woman! Great looking projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what have done. I would love a PP BOM. It would be fun. Have a Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would definitely do a star paper pieced BOM! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just learning how to FPP, but I would be very interested in a PP star BOM.

    Also, love the zipper pouches and the organizer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most definitely I'm interested ~ love paper piecing!
    And really like that little organizer wallet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The superhero quilt is great! As are all of your other projects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your farther along on your cross stitch than I am :) Do you mind if I ask what your planning on doing with it when your finished? I'm thinking a wall hanging...

    I also love the superhero quilt. It is going on my Pinterest board as a possible quilt for my brother!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are such beautiful zip pouches. I have yet to wrap my brain around paper piecing, but those sure are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your pouches! I would be interested in either a pp star BOM or pp BOM.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those pouches, the recepients to those gifts are very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of your projects are gorgeous!! Surely that must be some kind of record for sewing the most zippers in a week. The recipients of those pouches are very lucky! Hope you can finish the superhero quilt in time; can't wait to see it when you finish. Happy sewing! I will watch to see if you do a BOM; I would love that ! Paper piecing is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The stats are great but either would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm thinking I'll work on my cross-stitch sampler when I'm home (and away from my sewing machine). Definitely not in time for Christmas 2012! :)

    The Superhero quilt is going to be so awesome!

    I'd totally to a PP BOM--star or otherwise. :) I need to hone my skillz!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was interested when seeing your pouches. I hoped you would make a year long quilt-along or so. Stars are great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super busy there, good luck with the Superheroes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Would there be tutorials for the BOM? I hope! Can't wait. Keep us posted. Your zippered pouches are on my Santa list...Julie in Minnesota

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great fun! Love the colors and fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the star EPP pillow and I have the same pieces because I've been meaning to do the same thing. Better get a move on because it is beautiful! And yes I would definitely be interested in a BOM!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat