Monday, December 3, 2012

Introducing: Color My World, my new quilt pattern!

Color My World - detail

I love color, I don't think that should surprise anyone who's read more than a post of two of my blog. That's why I got super excited about working with V & Co's amazing Simply Color collection for Moda for the latest issue of Quiltmaker magazine. I worked up a fun twist on a snowball block for the magazine, found in the January/February issue of Quiltmaker, available online at Fat Quarter Shop and other retailers, and shipping to stores as I type.

Color My World - Quiltmaker Jan/Feb

This quilt is a block-based quilt, with a block that is centered around a classic snowball block. Using some simple squares placed methodically, a connection is created throughout the blocks. An additional connection is made by the way I staggered the blocks by color.And I just love the hexagons that are created where the blocks meet!

Color My World - front

I love this quilt. The colors are very me, and the mix of solids and prints is just the kind of thing I enjoy in quilts these days. It is a generous twin size, perfect for cuddling up with, and I just adore all the colors. They're so fun! I really, really love the prints Vanessa came up with for this line, and I adore how tonal most of them are. These are the kind of prints that you can use time and time again in projects, mixing matching with other collections and prints. Awesome stash builders, and awesome in their own right as well.

Color My World - detail 2

And speaking of fantastic prints from this collection, Vanessa also designed some beautiful ombre solids to coordinate with her prints. I used all of the colors available in the ombre solids to create the backing for this quilt. It's too bad that Quiltmaker didn't take any pictures of the back (though I completely understand the space constarints), because it's quite possibly my favorite part about the whole quilt!

Color My World - back

For those of you who have emailed me this weekend about a kit  for this quilt, I'm happy to say that Brenda at Pink Castle Fabrics is working on one as we speak, and as soon as it's available for sale, I will post about it and share a link.

Color My World - FMQ detail

Quilt Stats
name: Color My World
size: 68" x 88"
pattern: Color My World, by yours truly, available in the Jan/Feb 2013 issue of Quiltmaker
fabrics: Various prints from Simply Color by V & Co for Moda Fabrics and coordinating Bella solids
quilting: Echo and concentric square free-motion quilting in Aurifil 50 wt thread (color #2024), done by yours truly
binding: Gray ikat diamonds print from Simply Color by V & Co for Moda Fabrics


Have a great Monday everyone!

25 comments:

  1. Truly stunning!! This is one of my favouritest lines this year and you've used it so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It reminds me of fancy tiles from a European or Middle Eastern country. I also love colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a nut about color too! Great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pattern and how colorful it is! The back is amazing too. This one is going on my bucket list

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so so awesome Elizabeth! Love that fabric line and this is just perfect! Your right, the back is almost as fabulous as the front is!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful! Congrats on another wonderful pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your quilt, just wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! Love love love the back - those ombre prints have so many possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful, Elizabeth! Great fabrics and your pattern is fantastic! It's really enjoy to watch because it creates many kind of shapes! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beyond fantastic. I love it, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've done it again. I love it, Elizabeth! You have a way with color, my friend. The back is totally, totally rad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is gorgeous, Elozabeth - well done and congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Elizabeth - amazing as usual. I'm a fan and have let you know it many times.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've done it again Elizabeth! Beautiful quilt and love the fabric you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this quilt. I am going to town today to look for the magazine. I love the colors and the design. I am always blown away by the talents of the people I have met in blogland. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome abilities with me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's really an incredible quilt, Elizabeth. I keep staring at the photo and finding new things to love! I really like how the light blues make a diagonal across the front. And, I agree, the back is really fab!

    ReplyDelete
  17. At our weekly Barnes & Noble "date" yesterday, I saw your quilt in the magazine and nearly squealed! Definitely a standout and one I want to make. Congrats!! Now I just need to start saving up for the kit!! HugsXX

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cool, and love the ombre effect on the back :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your killing me girl, I love it. I still have to get my get on the Sea of Stars........ I have all my fabric now, got the last bit yesterday, but xmas now..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat