Wednesday, September 26, 2012

WiP Wednesday: The one where I drank the Kool-Aid

I've had my nose to the grindstone this last week, trying to wrap up some projects and then attempting (and failing) to resist the urge to start new ones. Sewing Summit is just two short weeks away, and I feel like I have a million things to do before I get on that airplane!! Maybe I can try to refrain from starting any more projects between now and then...

finished up:
New tutorial for Moda Bake Shop - the Mod Nine Patch quilt

New quilt tutorial - Mod Nine Patch quilt!

still going:
Sewing Summit samples - I've got all of my samples made now for the class I'll be teaching with Lee, just need to quilt and bind them. I'm going to keep the big reveal of how they've turned out under wraps until after Sewing Summit, but here's a peek at my personal favorite...

IMG_0632rt

Red and white zig-zag - Press and cut. Press and cut. I feel a bit like a pressing and cutting machine, but the good news is that I'm making progress. Once I get all 266 squares pressed and cut, then I can start chain-piecing my little heart out.

Space Dust quilt - I managed to finally decide on a color scheme for this quilt, and pulled some fabrics for it. As soon as I finish up my Sewing Summit samples this week, this is going to be my other go-to project.

IMG_0618rtc


just couldn't help myself:
Washi tunic - Yes, I totally drank the Kool-Aid, and spent the other night cutting out pattern pieces for a Washi tunic. I picked up some yardage of one of my favorite Chicopee prints, the Red Dotted Leaf print, and a bit of muslin to practice on, since I've never actually done any garment sewing. Unless you count the super simple pajama pants I made for my husband and my munchkin last Christmas, which I don't. ;)

IMG_0628rt

Sidekick Tote - Even though I made a Weekender bag last year to trek to Sewing Summit with, and I fully plan to bring it again this year, I wanted to make another bag to bring with, and I've picked Anna's fabulous Sidekick Tote pattern. I've gotten as far as printing out the pattern, and pulling some fabrics I want to work with, but that's a start.

IMG_0643rt

What are you working on this week? Write it up and share it at Lee's WiP Wednesday linky and pop over to a couple of blogs to see what everyone else is up to!

18 comments:

  1. I'm going to attempt to make a patchwork weekender bag this weekend for sewing summit!! I'm also drinking far too much of the kool aid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are busy, Elizabeth! It is hard not to start new projects. There are so many beautiful things to create. The Mod Nine quilt looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are so productive! I love all the fabric choices for your washi tunic and sidekick tote :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished a quilt top and I'm going to be quilting another quilt top I did a few months ago (that should have been DONE then too).
    Love the star that's your personal favorite ~ wish I was going to Sewing Summit ~ it sounds like so much fun. I'll be going to Sisters, Oregon to take a workshop with Gwen Marston and Sue Sparo next month and couldn't do both. Darn. Maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sewing summit sample looks awesome. Wish I'd be there to see it in person. Have fun garment sewing. That chicopee print will look great as a tunic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited to see how your tunic turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm trying to avoid the Washi kool-aid! I have so much to sew before Summit.
    I feel myself giving in, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You need to make yourself a pitcher of Kool-aid so you can drink the real stuff while you Washi it up. Good luck getting everything ready for Sewing Summit! Also, what is this space dust quilt you speak of?
    cheers!
    -k

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just pulled a stack of orange, teal and soft brown also for my bee blocks. Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the look of your class sample, looking forward to seeing you all dressed up at SS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning!!!!! I love your Mod Nine Patch...I want one!!!! And your sample looks very interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun - hope you guys have a great time! Are you going to QuiltCon too? I just heard about sewing summit too late to sign up so I'll have to catch that one next year. But I am going to TX in Feb. Whoo hoo! I just love all the modern quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love love your Bakeshop Recipe! Pinned it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great stack for your space dust quilt. What is the top print. It looks super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that sample you stitched up for your class! I look forward to seeing your sidekick tote!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhh...the Summit samples look so scrumptious...even with just the peek!!!

    Stop drinking the Koolaid for goodness sakes and get focused!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like you've got more than enough to keep you going for the next two weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat