Wednesday, September 19, 2012

WiP Wednesday: The one where I try to jump back in

Whoa, I'm feeling a bit rusty when it comes to WiP Wednedsay, but I'm craving that accountability of writing down what projects I've got going on, so here goes...

Finished up:


IMG_0385rt

Improv hexi block for AnneMarie for the {Sew} Beautiful Bee - Well, maybe it's finished. Now that I'm looking at it again, I might add another small hexagon or two in that top piece...

Working on:

Sewing Summit sample in progress


Samples for Sewing Summit
It's less than one month until I hop on a plane to head to Salt Lake City for Sewing Summit, and I'm sewing up a couple of minis quilts and such to bring along with me. I've got plans for at least two more, but we'll see how far I get before October gets here!


Finishing up a Moda Bake Shop tutorial
I'm all done with the project, just need to take some decent pictures, assuming the weather will cooperate, and finish up writing the tutorial, so stay tuned for a reveal on this one real soon.

Getting ready to start:


DSCN0392
Tula Pink at Spring Market with her Space Dust quilt
Space Dust quilt
I'm participating in Sara's super fun Tula Pink Sew Along, and I'll be tackling her Space Dust quilt. I am so excited about making this quilt! When I saw it at Quilt Market, I practically swooned. I'm still waffling about my fabric selection, but hopefully by this time next week, I'll have managed to at least pick a color palette!

IMG_0424rt


Another custom red & white zig-zag quilt
A few weeks ago, I got in another custom order for a classic red & white zig-zag quilt. The fabrics have all arrived, so I'm hoping to have some quality time with my rotary cutter Friday night to get things rolling on this one.

What are you working on this week? Write it up and share it over at Lee's WIP Wednesday linky!

23 comments:

  1. Wow, you've got a lot going on - I feel all inadequate what with my one and only project going - I knew I needed at least 2 more.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chevron mini deserves to be a full be a full sized quilt! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You have a ton of great projects going!!! Love the string pieced zig zags

    ReplyDelete
  4. These all look like great projects! Can't wait to see your MBS tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and I are in the same progress of writing up our tutorials for MBS. Can't wait to see what you have done. Also wow you have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeek! Love the Space Dust pattern, I so so wish I was attending Sewing Summit, your samples look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, love the string quilt! It's gorgeous! As far as jumping back in to WIP Wednesday, it's like going to the gym - the first time is the hardest. LOL. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That improv block is so absolutely stunning. I really love it.

    Can't wait to see you at Sewing Summit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Busy girl! That improv block knocked my socks off. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you have some awesome projects going on! love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would leave the hexie improv block as it is, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Busy lady! That chevron is awesome, and I love what you did with AnneMarie's block! I still need to work on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great collection of things going on there, especially that hexie block :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving the improv block and the mini! Good luck with the sew along! =D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my...sew much quiltey goodness in this post! I love, love, love the tiny hexie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the colors in your improv block. I'm looking forward to seeing your project for Moda Bake Shop.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the chevron quilt!! I saw it last night as I was reading blogs on my phone in bed and was trying to work out how you got all the strips going the same way... think I figured it out!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lots of projects ~ I'm trying to resist Space Dust but think I may have to give in to it's wonderfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Come on! These are over the top cute! Would love for you to come share at Quiltstory.blogspot on Tuesdays too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat