Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Merry Christmas...and a winner...

Good morning everyone!  I hope your holiday season has been a lot of fun so far.  It's hard to believe that Christmas is just a few days away at this point, but then again, every morning, my munchkin counts on the calendar how many days are left until Christmas, so I'm kind of hyper-aware of how quickly time is disappearing.

Thank you for all of the fabulous birthday wishes!  I had a wonderful birthday on Monday, and even got a belated birthday present yesterday - my sewing machine is all cleaned up and ready to come home this morning, yay!!  I can't wait!  Now that I've wrapped all of my Christmas presents and baked all my Christmas cookies, it's perfect timing.

And now, speaking of my birthday, it's time to pick a winner for the Reunion layer cake from Pink Castle Fabrics!  Mr. Random has chosen....


Commenter #19, A.J. Dub of Harriet Homemaker Strikes Again!!  Congratulations, A.J.!  I'll be emailing you today for your address details.  Thanks to everyone for entering and for all of the happy birthday wishes.


And because I can't share a post without a photo, here's a snap from yesterday's marathon Christmas cookie decorating session with the munchkin.  This is the first year I've let him help me - I'm a bit of a control freak when it comes to cookie decorating, and in past years, I've decorated my sugar cookies with royal icing.  But that's definitely not kid-friendly (though it is beautiful!), so this year we went with some plain buttercream frosting and lots of fun sprinkles.  The munchkin had a ton of fun, and my blood pressure didn't go through the roof or anything.  I just turned on some of my favorite Christmas music, The Muppets & John Denver's A Christmas Together, and tried my best to keep my cool.


He did a great job, didn't he??  He loved those super hard colorful non-pareils best, but also loved dumping various colored sugars on the cookies.  It was a lot of fun working on these together, and will be even more fun to share them with our friends and family.


I'll be back again after the holidays, after some quality time with the family the rest of this week.  Merry Christmas to you all!  I hope you have a wonderful holiday with your friends and family :)

18 comments:

  1. The biscuits look lovely, he did a great job with the decorating! Have a lovely Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fun, Elizabeth! I think a cookie decorating day will happen for my kids tomorrow or Friday. Hopefully I will be able to not freak out too much when my kitchen gets hit by Hurricane Sprinkle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute picture of you and your little guy. Merry Christmas Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas, Elizabeth. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sugar cookies are on our to-do list for this week, now that the kids are finally out of school. I love the John Denver and the Muppets CD too! It' made with figs! (And bacon. ;)

    Thanks for the fun prize! I can't wait to see that cute fabric in person.

    Love the picture of you two. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK firstly you're 31 - jeepers, stop being so young already. Secondly, those cookies look fab! And how handsome is that little boy on your knee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas to you too! I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELISABETH! I'm sorry I lost your earlier post!
    Wow, wonderful coocies! Merry Christmas to you and enjoy your new laptop!
    xxx Teje

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday a little bit late, I hope you have a wonderful year. And the cookies are wonderful, your helper is very talented. Enjoy making cookies with him, when they get bigger they only want to do the eating part.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm pretty sure I'm a deadbeat friend for having missed your birthday. Happy birthday, Elizabeth! I'm sure this year will be a wonderful one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, happy belated birthday! I'm SO SORRY I missed it! Just catching up on blogs now. Glad it was wonderful. : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to AJ, and WTG on controlling your OCD with the cookie decorating ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very merry Christmas to you and your family. The cookies look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The cookies look great! Merry Christmas to you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh merry christmas elizabeth! i hope you have a very happy holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. great cookies! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat