Wednesday, February 2, 2011

WiP Wednesday #12

Happy Groundhog Day!  This is going to an attempt at a short and snappy WiP Wednesday.  Here goes!

Finished!
Sliced Coin quilt along twin quiltsDone!



Sew Fresh bee block - Done!  Stay tuned for an update on this one over the weekend because there's a story to tell...
Sewing ninjaDone!



Making progress:
Polka Dot quilt for the munchkin's 3rd birthday - Stuck.  Out of Kona Ocean.  Waiting for more to come in the mail.  Argh.  Why is that my LQS deems Ocean to be a non-necessary color to stock???  Thank you, Fabric.com!


Spicing Up the Kitchen swap - Almost done, finishing up the second part of my swap package this week and I hope to send it off this weekend!


Make Mine Modern swap - I totally know what I'm making here, yay!  I think I can finally start to bring my project from the sketchbook to the sewing machine.  

Super special pillow tute - Almost done!  This has been a lot of fun...
3x6 Bee blocks - I've finally collected my fabrics for these blocks and put them in their folders, and I started assembly last night...here's my personal fave so far...


Need to get a move on (a.k.a. no progress):
Robot coin twin quilts - Need to make some backs and quilt these up pronto - sounds like the twins will be making their arrival in the next few weeks!
Margaret's Hope Chest birthday quilt
Urban Home Goods swap - I'm still Flickr-stalking my partner, trying to figure out what to make for her.  I can tell she's going to be a challenge.

New:
do.Good.Stitches February blocks - Yes, I've joined another quilting bee, and I'm really excited about this charity bee.
{Sew} Beautiful block for Emily

WiP #12 Recap
Finished: 3
Last week's total projects: 12
New: 2
This week's total projects: 11

Hop over to the linky at Freshly Pieced to share your progress and to see what everyone else is up to.  

19 comments:

  1. Great work...and beautiful..every single one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful ... I do hope you're my partner for the MMMS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I still love your sliced coins quilts. And your folder idea is brilliant. I need to incorporate that instead of my "system" of piles. ha!
    Hey - I wanna see what you did for Sew Fresh! Hope your Kona Ocean gets in quickly. Don't even get me started on my LQS. I'm seriously looking into starting my own I'm so frustrated. But I digress...I love your SUTK work and I hope I'm your partner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 3x6 block is so great! I wish I were in your bee :) Looks like you made some great progress this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice listing.....you are organized....have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your kitchen swap blocks and your sons blocks are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful sliced coins! They look great. I can't wait until mine is finished :) I like your 3x6 Bee blocks - that is a cute block :)

    Angie - http://craftedAngles.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. this has been a super productive week for you! yeah!

    it's all looking lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, everything just looks awesome! Love the twin sliced coins!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had a productive week (more than me moving and organizing piles :) ). I really like you 3x6 block.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your finishes are wonderful, and I am so excited to see your WiPs!

    And I've noticed that I start to get antsy if I haven't purchased fabric for a new project in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your 3x6 bee block! That looks fantastic, great WIPs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks great Elizabeth! I can't wait for that Kona to be delivered so you can finish up his quilt. I am sure he is getting excited for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love how those coin quilts came out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are sew very talented =) I'm inspired! I really like your Bee Block too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooh, I'm really loving those green blocks for Spicing Up the Kitchen! What are they going to be? Your 3x6 block is really cute too.

    Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday, have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat