Sunday, January 16, 2011

It's going to be a swap-tastic couple of months

I really need to put a moratorium on joining any more swaps, but I just can't help myself.  They're so much fun!!  I did the Scrappy Mug Rug Swap and the Pillow Talk Swap last year, and really enjoyed both of them immensely, and this year, I've already got three more lined up...

I got my partner yesterday for the Spicing Up the Kitchen Swap, and I already feel pretty sure about what I'm going to make for her.  I feel like I understand her style quite well, while it's a good bit different from mine.  I'm excited to try some new things for her.  I'm going to start auditioning some fabrics for this swap later this week, I hope.

I'm guessing my partner might be visiting soon to find out more about me and my style, which I have to say, is all over the place at the moment.  Just look at my mosaic!


I think I would really love to have something colorful for my kitchen/dining room.  I just made a pretty awesome apron last year, so I'm hoping my partner might whip up some placemats or a great table runner.   My table's pretty bare, so I would love for it to be more exciting!  I'm so glad Darci and Erin started this up this swap, I know my kitchen could use some color!

I also joined the Urban Home Goods swap, run by the lovely Heather and Kerri, who happen to have some of the most gorgeous blogs.  I absolutely loved some of the things I saw come out of the last round of this swap, so I knew I wanted to make sure to get into this one!


I would really love to receive an awesome tote in some colorful fabrics (I would adore something MoMo or Echino!).  I would also adore having a pincushion wrist-wearing kind of thing, that would be flipping handy to have.  A pincushion caddy or a mini quilt for a wall hanging would be wonderful, too.  The other thing that would be awesome is something incorporating zig zags or hexies, two of my big-time loves at the moment.

Make Mine Modern is another swap that I saw lots of beautiful things in last year.  I just got my confirmation from the wonderful Amy that I did indeed make it into the swap, so I'm super excited.  I'm hoping to get one of two things from this swap - either a sewing machine cover to my new Betsy 2.0 or a mini quilt for my sewing room.   We haven't shared mosaics for that group yet, but I went ahead and made one anyway, so I'll be all set when it's time to start sharing those...


So, that's three swaps for the next three months.  I'm exhausted just thinking about it, but I'm totally looking forward to it.  It's so awesome that I have these wonderful handmade things in my home that came from other people I barely know, and I can't wait to see what my partners dream up in these swaps.  I'm also really excited to try new things and work with colors and fabrics I might not have otherwise tried.  If you haven't tried joining a swap on Flickr before, you really should, but beware...they're addictive!!

7 comments:

  1. Three swaps! Wow! I am impressed! Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I want to try a swap or two, but we have a cross-country move on the horizon. Hopefully I can join one later in the year when we're all settled.

    Love you blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your swaps go well. I made a list today with mine and my due dates for everything. It felt a bit like keeping track of my assignments in college. I was just afraid of forgetting something. It's fun to meet and get to know new people through swaps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! - I've tagged you on my blog - please pop over to see why and accept only if you wish to :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. I'm a little overwhelmed for you! This looks like fun. I've never done a swap, and I don't think I should start! I could see how it would get addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your mosaics! I need to work on mine for the Urban Home Goods Swap and the Make Mine Modern Swap. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed about being in three swaps at the same time, but I think they'll be super fun. I finished my Spicing Up the Kitchen Swap items for my partner today, so that makes me feel a little more in control of things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hehe... me too. I'm in the DQS, mug rug swap, and the urban home goods swap. Three swaps for three months! Eek! :) But I'm most of the way done with my mug rug swap already...so no worries!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat