Friday, April 4, 2014

A wee house

Oh, it feels it's been eons since I made a bee block! I felt all kinds of rusty when I officially started working on my first bee block for the Wee Bee, a fun international bee filled with some great, super talented sewists. Our first queen bee is Cat of Cat + Vee, who requested a wee little house block.

I went with a really simple house, paper pieced, of course, with a cute little fussy cut window into a sewing room, from a print I got back during a Japanese fabric swap quite some time ago. I can't believe that I not only remembered that I had a print like that in my sewing room but that I was also able to find it, because the sewing room is a bit of a disaster area at the moment.

A wee house for Cat

This was a fun little block to sew up, and I can't wait to see all the other blocks Cat gets for this little quilt. If you want to see more of what we're stitching up in this bee, we've got a Flickr group right here and most of us are on Instagram as well using hashtag #theweebee . Tell me, are you in a quilting bee right now? Bees can be such fun with the right people, I've made lots of friends through online quilting bees like this one! Have a great weekend everyone :)

7 comments:

  1. I recently moved and just last week went to my first ever guild meeting! They were talking about starting up a new bee so maybe I will take the plunge. I have seen several online bees but really haven't taken the time to see what the requirements are or how to join. I guess that should go on my list of things to check into :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute it this sewing machine fabric! Love your house block - and nope, no q-bee for me yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun house! I love the view in the window!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute little house! The sewing room view is a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, this is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yay Elizabeth, I love it so much! I really need to make my own house for this little mini ... I'm actually thinking I'll sew up a little church - that's my plan right now anyway! The Wee Bee is my first international bee, I have been in the AusModBee with all-Australian girls for this past year - we only have two months to go. And I'm in a doGoodStitches circle, with all Australian and New Zealand girls. I love bees and swaps, they're really so much fun. Thank you for my little house, it's perfect. Have a great week, Cat xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a lovely block- it made me think to dig out an old quilt I made a few years ago when my kiddies were little, just like this. Thinking i'd like to make another!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat