Friday, December 20, 2013

Lucky Stars 2014 Bonus Block: The Blazing Star

Oh goodness, it feels sooooo good to sew on my Juki again!! I managed to get the bonus block finished up for the Lucky Stars 2014 Block of the Month Club at long last, and I'll be sending that to subscribers on Christmas Day, so keep your eyes peeled on your Inbox after the dust settles from your holiday festivities! It's the perfect thing to work on while the kids figure out how to use their new toys, right? :)

The 2014 Bonus Block for the Lucky Stars Block of the Month Club: The Blazing Star!

I'm trying to be a little more focused with my color palette and fabric choices for my 2014 blocks - I'm going with a mix of grays for my background fabrics, and then aquas, teals, oranges, and yellows for the focal parts of my blocks. I think I'm going to work mostly with solids, which should be fun, but I couldn't help throwing in a fun print from Brigitte Heitland's Comma collection for Moda in this block. I think it just makes the block sing. I cannot wait to start seeing your interpretations of this block next week! Don't forget to tag your social media postings of your Lucky Stars blocks with the #luckystarsbom hashtag, and you can always add your blocks to the Flickr group too!

Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. I love this block! Excited to get it on Christmas Day! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! And I really like how you incorporated the single pattern in with the solid. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat