Wednesday, February 1, 2012

WiP Wednesday: The one where I forgot it was Wednesday

It's been another busy week in my household, gearing up for the munchkin's fourth birthday, which is going to coincide with a huge business trip that my husband is taking.  We're going to tag along with him and have ourselves a little vacation in...Wisconsin!  I know, you must think I'm crazy to go on vacation in Wisconsin in February, but I think snow is going to be a fabulous birthday present for the munchkin, and I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with a good friend up there as well :)  Naturally, lots of lists are being made as we prepare for the trip, from things to pack to things to take care of around the house before the trip, so there's lots of life progress this week, and not a whole lot of sewing progress I can share at the moment.

Star Crossed quilt block tutorial - new on the blog today

I did finish up a little block tutorial on Monday, the Star Crossed block, which was a lot of fun.  I've gotten two blocks into this quilt so far, but I did finish cutting up the rest of the blocks this morning, so I'm all set to make some more blocks now.


I had to whip up Hug Bot 2.0 over the weekend for the munchkin - the first edition was coming apart, thanks to my shoddy embroidery and a munchkin who has a tendency to pick at threads and things, and I've been saying since Christmas that I wanted to make him a new one, so I'm glad I finally got around to it.  The munchkin is very happy with Hug Bot 2.0, even though it's a bit different from the original.


I also finished up one of my secret quilt projects over the weekend, only to start another one.  Here's a sneak peek of the finished one...

I totally heart FMQ'ing

I'm also hard at work on my For the Love of Solids swap package for my partner...as long as you count shopping as work!  I've picked up some solids I think my partner would dig, and worked up another sketch that I think might be more her speed.  I think I still might try to tackle the other sketch I came up with last week, perhaps in another project.

Does this float your boat?


Now, I'm off to Lee's to link up for WiP Wednesday and to try to catch up on what everyone else is up to this week.  Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

  1. Ok, I have a question to ask. The above sketch you have, do you have any dimension for it? Like size of squares and how much fabric? I am new to quilting and love this pattern! Im just not confident in my own measurements! Thanks!

    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in the same boat! Heading to Miami tomorrow, so I've been all doing laundry and packing instead of sewing this week.

    Yeah, my life is really tough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy. The Hug-Bot is very cute. Have a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot it was Wednesday too! If you're visiting who I think you're visiting in WI, say hi for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's me! She's visiting me! : ) Woo hoo! Time to officially start researching ancient Native American snow-making chants or something. No more of this 55 degrees garbage, there's a munchkin who needs to see some snow! LOL.

    Glad you remembered it was Wednesday, E. Loving everything, as always, but especially the hug bot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hug bot! We are having an unseasonably warm winter here in WI so you should have a great time. I'm in the Milwaukee area so let me know if you need suggestions for things to do here or in Madison-- both are great places for family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE hug bot!!! I think that might have to make a few for my kids for V-day!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad someone else is making the same kind if progress on the FTLOS swap ...tee hee! Everything lovely as usual :) oh and I'm with the munchkin, yay for a snowy vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a wonderful trip! (although I have to admit that my first reaction was also "Wisconsin? In February? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Hugbot and your FTLOS sketch :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh! That block makes me excited. That fabric in the middle is way fun:-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have fun on your vacation! sounds like a good time! :) Love that sketch for the FTLOS, can't wait to see it come to life!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't think snow will be on the ground much longer in Wisconsin, I wore flip flops outside today. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, the robot material made me think of the commercial with the quilt with that fabric... its the one for a cold medicine where the the mom takes the kids temp and says '103!', followed by everyone repeating '103!'

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat