Wednesday, January 26, 2011

WiP Wednesday #11

I had a super productive sewing kind of weekend.  Between actually having my husband around and just getting into a good sewing groove, I got a lot done.  Or at least I thought I did, until I started this list. Sure, I made progress, but my total quilty-ADD shows here big time.  I could have probably finished a few things off entirely, had I been able to focus on just one project.  Oh well.  I'm getting awfully close to my first two finishes of the year, and I'm having a ton of fun with my son's birthday quilt.  It was a good week!

Made some progress on:
Polka Dot quilt for the munchkin's 3rd birthday - Making some serious progress here.  I'm pretty sure I've got all the blocks made, now I'm going to add some border(s) around the blocks to break up the design a little bit.  I'm thinking I'm going to use some Kona Ash here.  For those of you who asked last week, here's the tute I used to create these blocks - Oh Fransson's Crazy 9-Patch Lattice Quilt.



Robot coin twin quilts - The quilt tops are done, now I need to get to work on some quilt backs.  I've got plenty of scraps to work with and a few Kona solids that I think will do the job.


Sliced Coin quilt along twin quilts - I made the backs for these quilts on Friday/Saturday and then finished quilting these two quilts this weekend - I was on a roll.  Now, I'm in the midst of making binding. Lots of it.  I suspect my roll will come to a complete halt now.



Spicing Up the Kitchen swap - I've got my fabrics all ready to go, just debating between what kind of apron I want to make.  I was thinking about an awesome log-cabin-esque half apron from Denyse Schmidt's book, but I'm not sure it will be up my partner's alley, so I need to do some more Flickr-stalking...

Make Mine Modern swap - I finished the first part of my swap package, a selvage pincushion this weekend, but I've still got a mini quilt to make.


Urban Home Goods swap - I'm really excited about the partner I got in this swap!  Her taste is very different from mine, so I'll get to really stretch my creative muscles, I think.

Single Girl quilt - Does joining a Flickr support group count as progress?  Nova has started a support group for those of us tackling the Single Girl pattern this year, and I've jumped right in.

Sadly, no progress on these:
Sew Fresh bee
Sewing ninja
3x6 Bee blocks - I made a list this weekend, thinking I'd find some time to start shopping in my scraps for these blocks.  I didn't.  :(

New projects:
Super special pillow tute - Have you heard that February will be Pillow Month at Sew Mama Sew?  I'm getting started on a tute that I'll be sharing over there, but it's top secret.  I can give you a sneak peek at the two stacks of fabrics I'm debating using, though...


Margaret's Hope Chest birthday quilt - Have you heard of Margaret's Hope Chest? It's a quilt charity that benefits Wrapped in Hope, who provides birthday quilts to children who have at least one parent in prison.  It's a wonderful cause, and the girl who I'll be giving a birthday quilt to this year has a thing for pink.  I'm thinking I might make her quilt via the Bloggers' Block-a-Palooza quilt along.  I started pulling some fabrics and I'm pleased to report that I shopped strictly in my stash...



WiP #11 Recap
Finished: 0 
Last week's total projects: 10
New: 2
This week's total projects: 12

So, what have you been sewing?  Hop over to the linky at Freshly Pieced to share your progress and to see what everyone else is up to.

22 comments:

  1. I just found your blog the other day - and love looking at what you're up to!! Please tell me more about your design wall! What is is made out of - the grommets remind me of a shower curtain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth, your Blogger profile doesn't have an email address or a blog associated with it, so here's hoping you check back here - my design wall is a Fons & Porter design wall from Jo-Ann's - I got it on super-duper deep discount.

    ReplyDelete
  3. is that innocent crush in that super secret pillow stack? I started a project with it, and ever since then I've had radar eyes for it :) looking forward to the tutorial, I could totally use a matching throw pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. all your projects look great. Can't wait to see what you come up with for your swap partners. I thought about joining the single girl quilt along too. So many cool things going on right now! I'm bummed I couldn't do you quilt along, I'm going to do it once we are settled though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job quilting your sliced coin quilts! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thats a nice big list! looking forward to seeing your swap goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And I thought I had a lot of projects stewing. Love the Crazy-9 patch. I can't wait to see the final project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowzers! (that's all I have to say)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I recently found Margaret's Hope Chest, too. I had several unused quilts that I wanted to see someone enjoy, so I sent 5 off to them. They are so sweet and appreciative! I will definitely make more donations to them in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That selvage pincushion is super cute, I'm going to have to add that to my list!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun WiPs! I love, love, love your stack of pinks. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! You have a lot going on, but all of your work looks wonderful! I am very excited about the pillow month coming up over at Sew, Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm thinking of doing the Single Girl quilt also. I bought the pattern this weekend so this is good timing. Looking forward to your pillow tute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds familiar! I get quilter ADD myself pretty regularly. Everything looks really great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Look at you go! You have so many gorgeous projects going on...

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. THANK you for the tip about the design wall - it's great - I found it at connecting threads, too. But, if it's at Joann's I can use a coupon! (I fixed my blogger thing, too - I think.)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all these projects and you have great taste in fabric! Especially love those sliced coin quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great WIPs! I just love that wonky 9 patch, and your selvedge pin cushion looks great, I need to try piping on something I think!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The polka-dot quilt is just so cute. Love it. What'd you decide about the sashing? And the selvedge pin cushion turned out great! I'm so glad I recently started saving selvedges, I need to do something like that one of these days.

    Thanks for linking up, have a wonderful week! : )

    ReplyDelete
  20. Binding is the slowest part. Luckily you already cut the binding, so you are making progress! Great job for all of your projects.

    Angie - http://craftedAngles.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the crazy nine patch quilt, what a great take on a classic pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat