Monday, December 21, 2015

39 Blocks Before Baby: Week Twenty

Holy wow, a finished top! Let me just say, I don't recommend trying to assemble a quilt top and take pictures of it while nine months pregnant. It's just a bit uncomfortable. But I was motivated to get this baby (ha, no pun intended!) done, so I kept on plugging away at it, all the while having to make weird little adjustments to get comfortable. I had to sit a little shorter than I usually like to, to try to get my bump under the lip of my table so I could get close enough to the machine, but it was worth it. I strongly suspect basting and quilting is going to have to wait until after the little lady makes her appearance in two short weeks, but in the meantime, I'm going to bask in the glory of having finished this top.


Don't forget, if you love these blocks, you can get all the patterns for the blocks I've made in this project by subscribing to the Epic Sampler BOM Club, where you receive 3 new block patterns per month. All of the blocks from my 39 Blocks for Baby project are included in your subscription. You can find out more about the club right here. Have a great week everyone!

15 comments:

  1. Очень интересный том. Можно долго рассматривать.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this turned out just fantastic! A baby in the new year - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful - and you did well to have the energy to finish this intricate quilt top. Wow - only 2 more weeks. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and all the Best in the New Year with your new little one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. Now sit back, and enjoy the last few days before your bundle arrives! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful Elizabeth! Love all the stars and the colors are perfect ~ you've got a great eye for color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks spectacular! What kind of a rack is this?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow beautiful colors, Elizabeth.
    You did it!
    Now, basking is good and so well deserved for you. You could hand sew a label.... or not. Your little babysweetums will be here very soon!
    Have some pie. And Merry Happy Christmas to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Job!! I just love this quilt. I can't wait for the first of every month until the blocks get here and I get to sew them up!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did it! Congratulations! Its beautiful! Little bitty one is going to look so sweet snuggled up in this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it, and can't wait to have one of my very own (in just about a year). I wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas and exciting New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's beautiful! I'm just about to start the November blocks, so I'm a little behind. I so love paper piecing, thanks to you! It's like putting a puzzle together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's an absolutely stunning quilt! Congratulations on getting it done in time despite being uncomfortable doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your quilt is gorgeous. Congrats on getting it finished before baby. Merry Christmas and happy baby time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your quilt is gorgeous. Congrats on getting it finished before baby. Merry Christmas and happy baby time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat