Monday, December 7, 2015

39 Blocks Before Baby: Week Eighteen

Oh my goodness, I can hardly believe it. I've officially made the last two blocks! That means I've got some serious row sewing to work through this week, which is often my least favorite part of the quilting process, so we'll have to see how far I get. I suspect there will be some heel dragging. That and my very-pregnant belly is really starting to get in the way of sewing - I bump into my sewing table a lot, trying to get a good view of what I'm doing, ha!



Isosceles Strip
While I have totally made this block, it's nearly impossible to photograph, so I'll show you how the whole thing's looking altogether instead. Oh my goodness, this sampler is quite possibly my favorite thing I've ever made!


Pennant Star
This star was designed eons ago - at least three or four years ago - and it sat around in my design notebooks because it's a five-gridded block. Five gridded blocks are great for blocks that would fit in a five times table, like a 10" finished block, or a 15", but more often than not, I like to make 12" finished blocks. That's exactly what this one turns out to be, thanks to the beauty of paper piecing. Paper piecing is a great cheat when you're working with a grid that just does not quite work for the block size you want!

Don't forget, if you love these blocks, you can get the patterns by subscribing to the Epic Sampler BOM Club, where you receive 3 new block patterns per month. All of the blocks from my 39 Blocks for Baby project are included in your subscription. You can find out more about the club right here. Have a great week everyone!

9 comments:

  1. Love seeing all of your blocks together. Wow - it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These blocks look so good together! It's been fun watching your progress. Best of luck with assembling them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks look so great together! Love that you kept to the same color in all the blocks ~ love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous, gorgeous quilt this is going to be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Usually I'm not a big fan of quilts made of multiple types of blocks, but seeing how this is coming together - LOVE! Can't wait to see the finished product & the little one bundled up in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huzzah! It's gorgeous, Elizabeth. And I'm amazed by the energy you've had, at this point in your pregnancy, to create such a wonderfully original design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so impressive Elizabeth! I wonder if your baby will be conditioned to be soothed by the sound of your sewing machine, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! Makes me want to crack open the block patterns!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat