Thursday, June 5, 2014

How do you audition your quilting stitches?

I'm guest posting again today over at Sew Mama Sew, sharing my top three methods for testing out quilting stitches without sewing a single stitch. I don't know about you, but I positively detest having to rip out quilting stitches. I think most of us prefer to avoid the seam ripper when possible! So I really like getting an idea of what my stitches might look like before stitching them, thus preventing as much ripping as possible. Check out my post right here :)


Speaking of quilting, if you are looking for some new quilting stitches to master this summer, you might want to pop over to Craftsy over the next few days, as they're having a giant summer sale, with big deals on all their classes, including Angela Walters's latest class, Little Changes Big Variety. Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. I am going to check out the app, thanks for the tip. I am enjoying your Craftsy class, it is so chalk full of overall tips. I watch more of it each time I am hand stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should do stitch auditions! I usually lie in bed at night, thinking about the upcoming quilting for my current project, instead. I've also had to rip quilting too many times because I just didn't like it. Live and learn. That app looks interesting. Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Why didn't I think of these? I thought I was going to have to make quilt sandwiches for every quilt. (Well, I might still make some....)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat