Wednesday, February 23, 2011

WiP Wednesday: #15

After a crazy week with lots of company and a little boy who's very much acting his age at the moment, I was super excited to get back to sewing.  Not a ton of new progress to share here, but I'm in the process of...

Finished projects:
Mom's pillow - stay tuned for a post on this one
Robot twin quilts
Birthday wonky 9-patch polka dot quilt

Still working on:
Single Girl quilt - Megan's piecing tutorial totally intimidated me on Monday.  Not that this quilt is rocket science or anything, but curves are something I haven't tackled before, so I was nervous.  Fortunately, I still had company from the munchkin's birthday so I couldn't sew just yet.  When I did get to sewing, I started by chain-piecing the first quarter of my rings.  I then promptly wound up with a migraine after I freaked out about a tiny math issue, thinking I needed 31 rings for this quilt...when I only need 20, made out of 31 different fabrics.  Did I lose you yet?  This is one seriously complicated quilt pattern, but so far, it's looking pretty awesome.


Urban Home Goods swap - The cathedral windows pillow got put on hold, with all the birthday festivities last week, but it's back on the fire this week.  I picked it up yesterday and made a darn good bit of progress, I'm almost done!  Still thinking on the second item to send along with this pillow.  Maybe a mug rug?  And for those of you who are curious, I am totally not hand-stitching these windows, that's Betsy 2.0 all the way here!


My fabric for {Sew} Beautiful - I'm totally waffling here.  Still.  I have enough AMH to make my spiderweb quilt idea work, and then some, but for some reason, I'm still thinking about my stash of MoMo's It's A Hoot.  At the same time, I'm still thinking about how I want a rainbow quilt, and I'm wondering if this ought to be it...and I'm compiling a seriously tall, leaning tower of possibilities in the process...


The backburner (for the moment):
Make Mine Modern
Margaret's Hope Chest

New projects:
Birdie Stitches BOM - Somehow, I totally spaced out on this block this month, and the month is nearly over. I'm hoping it might be easier this month, now that I'm not as much of an embroidery novice.

do.Good.Stitches March blocks - We got our block assignment for next month, and it's funny...it's a coin-style block, right up my alley!  In case you're curious, here's the tutorial for it.

WiP Wednesday #15 Recap
Finished: 3
In progress: 5
New: 2
This week's total: 7

25 comments:

  1. oohh, your single girl is going to be so pretty! And I love your cathedral windows. I definitely need to tackle one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on the single girl quilt! That pattern is a tad bit intimidating, curves, paper, math...
    Yikes! But it is going to be FABULOUS! YOur WIPs are lookin' good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors you choose for the single girl quilt! It is going to be awesome! Stick with it! I can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your colors & fabrics for the Single Girl Quilt! I'd definitely be intimidated by that one, I can't wait to see your finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely love the colors in the Single Girl quilt -- keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are one busy girl! i think your crafty to-do list is bigger than mine! of course, the coin quilt is on mine. needs to be quilted. just waiting for the batting to arrive.

    i love the SG fabrics you picked. it's gonna be a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you machine stitching your cathedral windows, or are your hand stitches just that good??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cathedral windows...so beautiful. I second Kate's question about how you will quilt it. I completely appreciate your AHM pile - I've got one too that I just keep adding too and looking at.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of your projects look great! I'm jealous of all of the wonderful Single Girl quilts I'm seeing on the blogs for the quilt-a-long. And your cathedral windows are gorgeous. Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As always, looking good :) I am really inspired by how you make typically "traditional" patterns more modern by great fabric selection. The single girl is going to be spectacular, and the cathedral windows...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your palette for Single Girl is awesome! I'm really enjoying the process so far.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love the colors for your Single Girl quilt!

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the fabrics you've chosen for the single girl quilt, and the cathedral windows is looking gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow that single girl quilt is going to be amazing! Keep at it with the curves, you'll get the hang of it in no time! Your cathedral windows look awesome! That is on my list of to makes in the near future. Great WIPs!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, beautiful projects!!
    Your color choices are lovely. And seeing your cathedral windows pillow makes me want to make another one -- it's such a satisfying project once the background squares are ironed!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeah I gave up hand stitching my cathedral quilt windows too. I'm sure that single girl quilt will be worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your Single Girl fabrics are fabulous!! So far I only have my templates cut. I need to Get.Busy.!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I heard someone once use the term "threenager" to describe their kid and just know that you are in very good company on that front!

    I am envious of your finishes, and your Single Girl quilt is going to be awesome. You know what they say - Keep Calm and Carry On!

    I hear you on the Bee angst. So glad I've finally settled on a pattern - it's overwhelming trying to decide, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gosh it makes me feel better about my single girl struggles after reading this. So glad to know you are going through the same thing! :)

    I am in love with your fabric stack/tower for the {Sew} Beautiful Bee. Yummy!

    As alway, you have a ton of great things going on lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your Single Girl is looking so yummy! Don't be intimidated by those curves, if anybody can do it, you can. Seriously, just go for it and start pinning. As soon as you do, you'll see that it's easier than it looks.

    And I so love your cathedral windows. Really, really need to do one of those at some point.

    Thanks for linking up, as always! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm crushing on your Single Girl....you'll rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Whoa! You have been busy....
    Love your fabric choice!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your single girl quilt is going to be so beautiful! Ironically, your AMH fabrics for your sew beautiful project are what I am using for my single girl quilt. My single girl was a half finished project from a couple of years ago, and though I love the AMH fabrics, I am not loving them all together in my single girl quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on your finishes. I too like the colors for your single girl quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat