Monday, March 13, 2017

Coming out of my QuiltCon cocoon at last with a cross-stitch round up

I'm attempting shed my QuiltCon cocoon for the year this week, albeit with a nasty cold...all the while, working on building a new one for next year, but at least the crazy level of work is months from now. It's nice to have a bit of a breather at this point with work, at least a tiny one, for a few moments, but holy wow, there's so much to catch up with you all on.


Let's see, where to start...let's start today with cross-stitchy fun.

I've been cross-stitching like crazy. It's been an easy thing to pick up here and there between conference calls and Excel spreadsheets and mothering all that, and it's been the kind of craft I can manage to do without having to hide in my sewing room on the rare occasion that my husband is actually not traveling for work, so most of my crafting time the last few months has been the cross-stitching variety. Here's a few recent finishes...

pattern from Etsy here
gift for my friend Megan
stitched up on Rustic Flax linen from Snuggly Monkey in assorted Cosmo embroidery floss

pattern from Etsy here
gift for my friend Jen
stitched up on Rustic Flax linen from Snuggly Monkey in assorted Cosmo embroidery floss

pattern from Etsy here
gift for my friend Lee
stitched up on Aida cloth from Snuggly Monkey in assorted Cosmo embroidery floss

pattern from Etsy here
gift for my friend co-worker
stitched up on linen in assorted Cosmo embroidery floss


pattern from Etsy here
gift for my co-worker
stitched up on Aida cloth from Snuggly Monkey in assorted Cosmo embroidery floss


pattern from Etsy here
gift for my co-worker
stitched up on Aida cloth from Snuggly Monkey in assorted Cosmo embroidery floss


pattern from Etsy here
gift for my co-worker
stitched up on Aida cloth from Snuggly Monkey in assorted Cosmo embroidery floss


no pattern - I drew it up myself!
gift for my co-worker
stitched up on Carolyn Friedlander Euclid print in assorted Cosmo embroidery floss


And at least one still in progress...

pattern from Etsy here
will eventually hang in my house
stitched up on Rustic Flax linen from Snuggly Monkey in assorted Cosmo embroidery floss

I even taught my son to cross-stitch this weekend using a super cute kit I stumbled upon at Fancy Tiger that I cannot recommend enough - Cross Stitch Friends. He's seen me cross-stitch for a while, and this was just the project to hook him with!


Stay tuned for some QuiltCon treasures I purchased and some actual sewing soon! Woo hoo! Have a fantastic week everyone :)

3 comments:

  1. Very nice stitching, Elizabeth.
    Your baby girl, is getting big and more adorable.
    Your son is so sweet too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful picture of you and your adorable daughter! I too have rediscovered cross stitching and embroidery due to a prolonged surgery recovery. I love the portable, easy to pick up for a few minutes nature of this handwork. Great projects!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat