Wednesday, May 4, 2016

The Quilter's Paper Piecing Workbook: A Sneak Peek

So my second book, The Quilter's Paper Piecing Workbook, has started to ship a whole month early, and I'm so excited!!!! I'm incredibly proud of this book, so I wanted to take a moment this morning to show you a few sneak peeks of some of the things I love most about it.

The Quilter's Paper Piecing Workbook by Elizabeth Dackson photo QPPW1web_zps0dxygsiq.jpg

I love the photography. I gave my publisher, Interweave, a "mood board" to work from, trying to give them an idea of the style of photography I hoped to see in the book and oh boy, did they deliver. Absolutely the look and feel I had hoped for!



I love the projects in this book. They are so very me. And it's impossible to pick a favorite, but right now I'm crushing real hard on Steely Gaze...


I love the amount of me that's still left in the text. The amount of personality that didn't get edited out.  I think my voice really comes through in the writing, and that's really exciting to me.




I love the amount of illustrations and photos throughout. It makes the book so much more vibrant.

And really, I love a lot more about it, but that's all I'm going to share for now. Don't forget, you can order a copy from Amazon right here or you can order a signed copy from me right here! Stay tuned for more, and have a fantastic day!

4 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about trying paper piecing, and last night I was searching Amazon for a modern PP book. I'm so excited to see that you have written just what I was hoping to find! Congrats on the new book, and I'm headed to Amazon to reserve mine now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I pre-purchased this book on March 4th. and am anxiously waiting for it to ship - maybe it will be early.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pre-ordered in Canada too so I've got my fingers crossed mine comes early! Super excited fan here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Looks like another fabulous book! I will keep my eyes peeled for it here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat