Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Mini Medallion Quilt in Love Patchwork & Quilting

Good morning! I just got the new issue of Love Patchwork & Quilting in the mail, along with a fun little mini that I wrote up a pattern for in this issue, the Mini Medallion. It's the sixth and final in my Mini Quilt series that I've been working on with the lovely folks at Love Patchwork & Quilting, and it might just be my favorite of the bunch...


This little mini is comprised of some of my favorite Cotton + Steel prints, ranging from the Basics lines to Mustang to Playful, plus a little dash of one of my favorite Rashida Coleman-Hale collections, Koi, which plays all kinds of perfectly with Cotton + Steel! There are three main block repeats used in the pattern, the main star block in the center, with small pluses and x's surrounding it. It's a very simple little quilt to put together, and great for using up the last scraps of some of your favorite fabrics!



The X and Plus blocks that surround the center star were quite literally inspired by my love for the X and + block, which is still one of those blocks that's on my To Do list. I had wanted to try to do a mini version of those blocks as the border for this mini, but decided that in the small size that they would be just too busy and that I needed something more simple for a small block.


There's loads of other beautiful quilts in this issue as well, as with all of their issues! Love Patchwork & Quilting really is one of my favorite quilting magazines these days. If you haven't checked it out before, do yourself a favor and stop at your local Barnes & Noble or Books a Million and get a coffee and sit down with an issue. You'll enjoy it, I promise :)

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful little mini! I especially love the little 'X' block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on having your mini published, and it's on the cover too! I can see why because it truly is beautiful. I'm really taken with the colors you used (what color is the medallion? it's hard to tell from my monitor). Guess I'm going to have to get this issue of Love of Patchwork & Quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely mini quilt !! I am also a big fan of Love Patchwork and Quilting its a fantastic magazine, you must be really chuffed to be a contributor to it ! Trouble is I spent too long looking through it - too much inspiration and not enough perspiration 😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely mini quilt !! I am also a big fan of Love Patchwork and Quilting its a fantastic magazine, you must be really chuffed to be a contributor to it ! Trouble is I spent too long looking through it - too much inspiration and not enough perspiration 😀

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat