Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pretty {little} Pouch swap - round 3

Somehow, with the munchkin back at school yesterday, I managed to not only find the inspiration for my pouch for the third round of Pretty {little} Pouch swap, but I also managed to finish it!  I'm really happy with how it turned out and super excited to get it to my partner, who I'm pretty sure is going to adore it.

I was on a bit of pouch roll yesterday morning, wrapping up the pouches I'm making for The Sewing Summit, and I decided on a long rectangle pouch with a half dresden on each side of the pouch.  I pulled some aqua, yellow, green, and pink scraps from my stash for the petals and a green polka for the dresden center, but I was unsure what kind of background fabric I wanted.

Do you like where this is going, partner?

I initially wanted to use natural linen, but I couldn't find mine (more on that later), so I used a gray quilter's linen, which created a nice contrast that I wasn't expecting.  I think I even like it better than had I used the natural linen!  I decided I wanted to box the corners for the pouch, to make it able to stand on its own, which worked out really nicely.

PLP - Done!!

I really love how this pouch turned out, and I have to say, I'm a bit jealous!  I kind of love it too much!!  But I will give it to my partner, no worries.  I just might find myself making another pouch for me at some point :)

Three overflowing scrap bins

So that's one thing checked off the To Sew list before The Sewing Summit next week...next up is quilting the munchkin's guy quilt, which is all basted and ready to quilt!  The other thing I really need to tackle is the mess that is my sewing room - remember how I couldn't find my natural linen?  I found it this morning, when I was looking for my stack of fat quarters for the swap at The Sewing Summit - which I still haven't found, by the way. I don't like being messy in my sewing room, but the messes seem to be a byproduct of getting stuff done these days. My scrap bins are positively overflowing, so I see some kind of scrap project coming soon, otherwise I'm going to have to make a sign for my sewing room - Scraplandia, population 7 billion scraps!!!  Maybe I'll try to sort through the bins tonight while watching some "Grey's Anatomy."  What are you working on today?

Holy mess, Batman!

21 comments:

  1. Cute pouch! I wouldn't blame you for making another one to keep. No sewing for me until this weekend probably, but I'll be sewing in my mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I can see why it would be hard to part with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pouch!! I have to head off to work now, but just spent an hour quilting my Shades of Grey wall hanging - love how it's turning out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pouch is gorgeous! I love the design that you came up with and I can also see how you wouldn't want to let it go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. scraplandia...love it! I think my scrap collection is almost larger than my stash. love your pouch, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww!! That is SUCH a cute pouch!! I must make one. For me. ;) CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have my own Scraplandia - I love the idea of a scrap project to use them up, but then where would I get the scraps to make bee blocks and other small projects? See? Rationalize, rationalize, rationalize.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not sure I could part with it - unless I made a twin for me to keep!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scraplandia! Love it. I think my husband I'd going to put me on Hoarders if I don't get my scraps under control. I feel like I use them all the time, but really I'm just creating smaller scraps. My current idea is to cut them all into 5 inch charms.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, and I love the pouch! Definitely needs a twin.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your pouch. I'm all organized but I need to get sewing. I guess I'm saying that I would take unorganized and getting stuff done if that's what it takes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pouch is too cute! Love half dresdens, great selection of fabrics. And a fellow GA lover? I <3 greys. Watched it forever! I'll be watching it tomorrow when its available over in the uk (by naughty means of course!) Dont tell me what happens!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That half dresden is super cute. Man you are rocking out! I'm still working on you & L's pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, I've never done a dresden and didn't think I'd want to until I saw this pouch. Now I want to make a pouch like that, too. Cute! However, this weekend I'm working on quilts for Christmas -- way behind on my timeline.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the pouch and I like making dresden blocks too.this weekend I will be finishing the pillow for the Pillow Talk Swap, make my pouch for the Pretty Little Pouch Swap and a little snooping on 2 other swap. Oh and also sign up for The 4x5 Modern Bee swap.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have to say I'm not usually drawn to dresdens, but this half a one looks fantastic! I LOVE it! Lucky partner!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The pouch is wonderful! Good luck with the piles of wonderful fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That pouch is amazing. Yes to the grey! Scraplandia: apparently there is also a Scraplandia here in California. Coincidentally at MY address. Hey, you should invent a scrappy quilt-along...you know, while you're on the plane flying to Utah.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat