Wednesday, April 13, 2011

WiP Wednesday #22

Every week I am somehow surprised by how quickly Wednesday crops up again.  I feel like I haven't had the most productive week, but I did get all of my bee blocks for the month done, along with my first zippered pouch for practice.  I've still got plenty of projects in the works

Finished:
String Me Along block
{Sew} Beautiful block
Birdie Stitches block
do.Good Stitches block


Still working on:
Bottled Rainbows QAL - I finished assembling the top this week, which was a lot of fun.  I'm still debating what I'm going to do for a backing, but I'm excited to finish this one soon!

Bottled Rainbows top - complete!

Supernova QAL - I'm all ready for the next step, to assemble the quilt top.  My house is starting to feel like Quilt Tops R Us!  I really ought to start working on the backing, too - I plan to use the scraps from my seriously large It's a Hoot collection to make up a backing for this one.

Supernova blocks, all assembled

Spiderweb quilt - Zero progress this week.  I think paper piecing that Circle of Geese block for Brooke filled my paper piecing quotient for the week, but I hope to try to get at least one spiderweb done next week, if not 2!  Right now, I still need 17 more of these blocks to finish up this quilt.

Pretty {little} Pouch swap - I've tried one practice pouch with a zipper, which was somewhat painful, but I wasn't about to give up.  I've started another little pouch, using Kelly's tute, and we'll see how that turns out later today, hopefully.

Zippered pouch in progress


Goodie Bag swap - Partner emails are going out this week.  I'm super excited about this swap, if nothing but because I simply adore bags!

Super secret project - Nothing to share just yet, but there will be soon :)

Single Girl king-size quilt - Still waiting for a local long-arm to rent...

New this week:
3x6 Mini-Bee - Seems like all the girls in my beehive have checked in, so I'll hopefully start sketching and brainstorming for this one this week.

Commissioned bookshelf mini - Woo hoo, another paying gig!  A custom mini-bookshelf quilt is in the works :)

Commissioned mini bookshelf quilt in progress


String Me Along prep - It's my turn to be queen bee next month, so I need to pull some fabrics and decide on a block.  I'm still toying with blocks and fabrics, but so far, I'm feeling pulled toward this stack of fabrics, matched up with some solids...

Fabric for String Me Along?


WiP Wednesday #22 Recap
Finished: 4
Last week's total: 11
New: 3
This week's total: 10

In need of some inspiration?  Hop on over to Freshly Pieced to see what everyone else is up to this week!

25 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how no matter how many projects you have, they all seem to stall at that quilt top stage? I feel like I have a lot of quilt tops waiting to be finished too. LOVE your bottled rainbows, it's just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.My.God. You've been busy! Looking forward to seeing them all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bottled rainbows are just stunning!
    It's fun to see them all put together - just the motivation I need to get mine done!
    Your supernova is amazing. Love your fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your supernova blocks are fabulous - the fabrics and color combinations are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your bottled rainbow top!! SO pretty! And your supernova looks incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my what an eyeful of inspiration and creativity! I love it all. Your Supernova is awesome, the Bottled Rainbow is to die for...it's all so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could never get past my Egg concept with the It's a Hoot line. Seeing your supernova blocks makes me realize the full potential of that line. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bee blocks look great! I had a moment of panic the other day that I hadn't done my String Me Along block yet, but thankfully it's still only mid-month. It threw me off since I got done so quick last month! I can't wait to see what you pick out for May, those fabrics are beautiful!

    I absolutely LOVE your Bottled Rainbows top!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my - your projects are so inspiring! Love your Bottled Rainbows all pieced together! wow. And your supernova is so cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My eyes are popping at your Bottle Rainbow :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything looks amazing!! Your bee blocks look so fun and fresh, and both the bottled rainbows and supernova has me drooling! So so pretty on both. Yay for commissioned pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! I love how your Bottled Rainbow turned out, especially. I'm just getting started on one. It's way outside my comfort time, but I decided to get brave. I can't wait to see what you choose for the backing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such pretty colors all around. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Bottled Rainbow is B-YU-Tee-FUL! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. you have gotten an amazing amount done. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your paper-piece triangle block! look at you, rock star getting so many things done! way to go, lady.

    are those cassettes that I see on the bookshelf fabric? so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am thiiiiiiis close to adding Bottled Rainbows onto my list of projects - seeing yours is making it VERY tempting!

    Love the Supernova blocks. Love.

    You've been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm loving your bottled rainbows AND the supernova, how bright and cheerful! Your bookshelf mini quilts are just adorable, I may have to try my hand at one some day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. All of your projects are wonderful and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Everything looks great, especially that commissioned "bookcase" quilt! The Swoon would be an awesome quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Vow, Elisabeth, you are so quick! I love everything! Thank you for all this inspiration! The Bottled Rainbow is just amazing! xxx Teje

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your bottled rainbows top looks awesome all sewed up! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow... The bottled rainbows are great... Super Nova is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. very nice things in the works, I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your flying geese block is my favorite one yet! Beautiful! And yay for a commissioned bookshelf quilt, that's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat