Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The mojo is back with April's bee blocks!

While zippers may have challenged me this weekend, finishing up some bee blocks has brought back my sewing mojo!  I'm officially all caught up for the month, which is nice and refreshing, especially since it's my turn to be the queen bee next month in the String Me Along bee and I need to not only decide on some fabric but I also need to pick a block and get my packages ready to go!

First up, String Me Along's block for Fran - a simple bento box block, using Ashley's great tute, but skipping the cutting it up into quarters bit.  I've never worked with batiks before, so this was an interesting block to work on.


Next, this month's blocks for my do.Good.Stitches circle, the Bliss circle.   This month, we worked on blocks inspired by a swap Amanda received.  I really love simple patchwork like this.  I can't wait to see how this quilt turns out.  Did you know that our first quilt has officially been finished off?  You can check it out over on Michelle's blog.



Lastly, I worked on a seriously challenging paper pieced Circle of Geese block for Brooke in the {Sew} Beautiful Bee.  I practiced several times before deciding that I was psyching myself out, and I just went for it.  I'm glad I did, because once I started working on this, it went so much more smoothly than my practices!  I really love how this block looks.  Brooke picked some great fabrics here, and I'm glad to have conquered it.  I will definitely be making this block again for something - a pillow maybe?


And lastly, though it's not a bee block, rather a block of the month, I did finish off my Birdie Stitches block for this month.  I just love these blocks - between doing a little bit of embroidery and then being able to have a cute little coloring page for my son, who is just dying for this quilt to be finished!  


19 comments:

  1. I love your Circle of Geese block, i keep seeing this block popping up and thinking how pretty it is. Thanks for sharing the link back to the tutorial, I might try some more basic paper piecing for my first try though! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the circle of geese block, particularly the colours! And the birdie block is super cute! You've definitely got you mojo back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh boy, you just reminded me how behind I am on my bee work! Love your do.Good blocks. I'm curious to see that one come together. And I LOVE how the Roman Stripes came together. I've still got that one on my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. all beautiful blocks! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blocks, and definitely more fun than zippers, huh?
    I love the birdie blocks - this has been on my "maybe" list for awhile - it looks like it would be fun and relaxing to have 1 block to embroider every month - although by now I'd have some catching up to do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the circle of geese block! That's on my list to try out but I haven't had the courage. The fabrics you selected look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work! I'm excited to see your circle of geese block! That gives me the confidence to dive in and try it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! I'm so glad you just went for the circle of geese block. It looks fantastic! I'm excited to get all the blocks back and start putting the quilt together. Thanks for doing such a nice job on it!

    And I'd say you've definitely got your mojo back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, your Circle of Geese block is blue and gray. Mine's going to be green and gray. I didn't realize she sent different colors to different people, how fun. Yours is beautiful!

    Glad your mojo is back. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love that circle of geese block! It looks so pretty with those colors, you did awesome job! I just love your birdie blocks, so fun and cute, that will be a fabulous quilt when your blocks are finished!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice work, on all of your blocks! The Circle of Geese is intimidating, but not difficult in the end. The most challenging bit is making sure the pattern prints at 100%!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Elisabeth! All your blocks are so wonderful - it's nice to have different projects going on!
    I like also very much that pouch in your last post and of course the beautiful butterfly photo! xxx Teje

    ReplyDelete
  13. great block! you have been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. MOJO! Yeah! Great job - doesn't it feel good to be back?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that circle of geese block looks awesome! It's fun seeing all your blocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Circle of geese looks amazing. I'm too much of a chook to have a go at paperpiecing. One day...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah! What cute blocks!! I love paper pieced geese, I need to try that block sometime! Thanks for linking to fabric Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat