Friday, March 25, 2011

Radio silence = progress

I've been quiet, I know.  When I saw Angela's post about what's on her design wall, coupled with a few comments and emails I've gotten this week about my lack of posts, I thought I should check in so you guys all know what I'm up to.  I'm not slacking, I swear!  The opposite, really.

I've made some progress in two ways - potty training the munchkin and sewing!  Knock on wood, the potty training that started up again last Friday is still going, and going super well.  It's been an awesome week, and I feel really proud of how it's going.  While the potty training's been going well, naptimes have been a super challenge the last few days.  Fortunately, today, the munchkin is finally asleep.  I think he's finally reached the point of exhaustion!

What's on my wall today

As far as sewing goes, I've got half of binding sewn down on my MHC drunk love quilt.  I'm excited to finish this one off, but I'm going to finish the binding on the machine, I think.  I always worry about how well my own stitching will hold up after lots and lots of washings.  At least with the quilts I make for family, I know I can fix them if I need to, but in sending this off to a wonderful young woman having her 18th birthday, I really want to make sure I'm sending something well-made and durable, so that's the plan for the weekend.


My other plan for the weekend is to sew a few more spiderweb blocks to go with my bee blocks.  I did some math earlier today, and it's looking like I'm going to need to make 18 of my own to make this quilt as big as I would like for it to be...so...I've got my work cut out for me :)

I've also gotten three more Bottled Rainbows blocks done, bringing the grand total up to 5.  I really love these blocks.  Just looking at them makes me happy.  I'm really curious to see how this whole quilt-as-you-go style will look when it's all done and bound and everything, but so far, it's been really enjoyable to do.

Turqoise finished bottled rainbows block


My fabrics are all cut up for Lee's QAL, and I'm itching for the sewing instructions already.  Is it Thursday again yet?  :)

Prints cut and ready to roll for Supernova QAL


So, no worries, I'm still here, still sewing, just making slow progress on too many different things.  What are you sewing this weekend?

9 comments:

  1. Everything looks awesome. Congrats on the potty learning...it can be a challenging time in a parent's relationship with their kid.

    I am going to do my QAL cutting this weekend - can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've really been loving the bottled rainbow blocks! Another project I'm jealous of others getting to work on. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray for potty training! And your design wall is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking great ! I can't believe you're making 18 more spiderwebs! Ton of work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love..love..your design wall and your bottled rainbows are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Elisabeth! All your sewing projects are so wonderful! I love to see them on your design wall. That 'spiderweb' is fantastic! xxx Teje

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to hear from you! I feel like I'm just coming up for air myself. : ) Everything looks gorgeous, of course.

    You know, I think we had some napping issues when we potty-trained too - I think she was nervous about accidents and that actually kept her awake! Seems like it resolved itself in a few days, though. As for your spiderweb quilt, you could ask String Me Along to make you some more of those blocks when it's your month in that bee. 18 is A LOT of spiderweb blocks to make on your own!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your design wall is super inspiring. I'm going to hit the "post comment" button here and then I'm off to my own sewing room. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat