Thursday, March 31, 2011

How is it that 2011 is already a quarter over?

We are three full months into 2011 - how did that happen?  How is it that time flies so fast these days?  I don't remember thinking that time went by quickly as a kid, but as an adult, especially one with a young child, it seems like time disappears amazingly fast.

Back in December, I drew up a crazy list of quilty goals for myself because...well, I'm just that kind of person.  I like to have goals, I like to have lists, it seemed like a perfect marriage.  I hosted a linky for others to join in, and I was super excited to see that I'm not the only one who likes to make lists like this.  It is time to check in - even if you didn't link up back in December, feel free to join in with your own list and the progress you've made so far.

I'm pleasantly surprised at how I'm doing on my list.  When it comes to lists, I either wind up doing one of two things - I either totally "live" the list, checking it frequently, reminding myself of the goals, or I completely forget about it and don't accomplish anything on it.  I haven't looked at this list since December, so I'm super pleased to see that I'm actually making good progress so far...here's the list, complete with updates on my progress...

1. Bee quilts - total of 3 of them - Well, I've gotten to the be the queen bee in {Sew} Beautiful, and I have all of my blocks from the group, but need to make more to full up the quilt.  I've got my 6 blocks from the 3x6 Bee, but haven't decided quite how I'll use them just yet.  My turn to be the queen bee for String Me Along is in May, but I haven't decided on a pattern just yet.

2. Matching twin quilts for my new niece and nephew - Done!  The Sliced Coins Quilt Along grew from this particular item on my list, and I'm super proud of how these quilts turned out.


3. King size Single Girl - Almost done with this.  Stuck at the moment, thanks to the lack of available rental long arm quilting machines in my area.  Argh.  Supposedly, one of the nearby shops will be getting one in before the summer starts, so here's hoping.


4. Elizabeth Hartman's Kitchen Window quilt - I kind of forgot about this one.  I'm not sure what kind of fabrics I had in mind here, but I think I might have been thinking about a quilt for my sister with this one.

5. Spiderweb quilt - I decided to enlist the help of the amazing girls in the {Sew} Beautiful Bee on this one.  Their blocks are gorgeous - I just need to make some more of them (okay, 18 of them) to finish up this quilt.

What's on my wall today


6. Cathedral Windows pillow for my living room - I did make a cathedral windows pillow for my Urban Home Goods swap partner, but I haven't tackled one for my living room yet.


7. Zig Zag quilt - I love zig zag quilts...but I kind of forgot that I intended to make one.  I'm thinking that I might really like to use of some gorgeous Aviary 2 for this...

8. Postage stamp quilt - Yet another forgotten item!  I do definitely want to make a quilt like this, but I've got to find the right fabrics for it.  And the right recipient!

9. Yellow dresden plate or wonky sun pillow for my mom's birthday - Done!  I wound up going a completely different direction, when my friend Lee wrote an amazing pillow tutorial over at Fat Quarterly, but I did indeed do this one.


10. Margaret's Hope Chest charity quilt - Just finished this one off, getting it off in the mail tomorrow.  I'm so happy with how this one turned out, and I can't wait to work on another quilt like it!


How are you doing with your goals?  What are you waiting for?  It's check-in time!!  Link up below :)  This linky will be open until April 10th.


15 comments:

  1. Awesome job! You HAVE done well! I think I'm rocking my list too—I'll be posting about it next week. Thanks for hosting the linky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yowzers! You have done some beautiful things, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You have been busy! You have inspiried me to recap my last 3 months.....coming soon on my blog! Will link up when it's up and running :). Congrats on the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also completely forgot about my list! But that's a good thing in my book. Not too shabby when I went back and checked.

    You are off to a fabulous start! So many full size quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post! i really don't have crafting or sewing goals, but i am thinking that i need to make some.

    you always get so much done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you are doing good with your goals! And heck with finding a recipient for your postage stamp quilt, make it for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are doing great. I make a list each month of items I want to finish or make. SO far it has kept me on track. For March I made 13 items and got some of my christmas prestents done. I am hoping this will help eleviate the stress at holidays to make everyone something in a weekend. We will see. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Look at all you've done! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so need you to give me some of your productive-ness! I'm really feeling my lack of accomplishment. Ugh. Hopefully, I get back on track soon. Great work, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have done so much this year already--very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found a list of 16 different quilts that I wanted to make this year. I'll let you guess how many of them I have started. I am proud that I have finished 4 quilts this year though, with 3 more being *very* close to being done (just have to finish the binding). I better start working on this list now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've done so well on your list! I need to compile my "progress" then post and link!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you've done so much this quarter! Love seeing all your FOs like that, it inspired me to do similar and I have linked up. I'll definitely be writing out my goals now for the rest of the year, its nice looking back to see what was achieved!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, this post inspires me to get some things done in the next ten days just so I can link up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LUV the background on that Single Girl quilt - it's going to be downright lovely when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat