Wednesday, May 18, 2011

WiP Wednesday #27

I feel like I'm starting to sound like a broken record here - minimal progress on my monster spiderweb quilt, decent progress on everything else.  I spent most of my sewing time this week working on other projects, yet again, but I'm hoping once I get a few more things checked off on my list, I'll be able to finish that spiderweb quilt top at long last.

Finished:
3x6 Bee Blocks

DSCN3557

Still going:
Twin Beep Beep Quilts - I finished off the quilt tops and drew up the math for the backings this week.  I'm hoping to finish the backs and baste and quilt both of these quilts this week.  I am nothing if not ambitious!

Twin quilt tops fluttering in the wind

AMH Spiderweb Quilt - This quilt is begging to be done.  I hadn't done anything with it all week until yesterday, when I finally picked up my remaining white kites and paper templates, and stuck all of them together.  I can now officially say I've started every single spiderweb quarter left for this quilt.  Did I finish any actual blocks?  Nope, I've decided to focus on finishing all the remaining quarters for now.  Four quarters down, 32 more to go!

DSCN3543

3x6 Bee Block tute - I'm working on the verbiage for the tutorial and hoping to wrap it up soon.

DSCN3544

Goodie Bag Swap - I got some natural linen to work with on this project last week, and am now trying to select some fabrics to add to it for some extra zing.  I think I've (once again) changed my mind, and I'm going to make a simple market tote, but make it fun with bright patchwork across the top of the bag.

Still collecting dust:
Single Girl quilt
Super secret project


New this week:
New quilt TBA - OK, so this isn't actually a WiP yet, it's more like a twinkling in my eye, but after seeing Megan use some of the new DS Quilts fabrics in such a gorgeous way, I'm feeling the itch to use mine as well.   I did a good bit of sketching while I was sick this weekend, with these quilts in mind.  There's just something about the start of the quilting process that I love so much.  I'm seriously jonesing for a new quilt, but I've promised myself that I will finish that darned spiderweb quilt (or at least the quilt top!) before I start another.  I'm still not decided on what I like best here, but I'm thinking about some of the following, and vaguely considering another quilt-along...

DSCN3567


WiP Wednesday #27 Recap
Last week's total: 7
Finished this week: 1
New this week: 0
This week's total: 6

What are you working on?  Post it on your blog and share it with the gang at WiP Wednesday hosted by Freshly Pieced!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

26 comments:

  1. I love your 3x6 blocks! very fun! glad that you are putting together a tute for it. Can't wait to see what you come up with for your DS fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those beep beep quilts - they popped up over night! OMG- another QAL?? You are so ambitious. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun bee blocks!
    I'm itching to use my DS fabric too - I'll be watching to see what you do with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...looking great. I love your sketch paper too! The colors are beautiful! and I love the Beep Beep quilts! =) You accomplish a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the coordinating beep beep quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your 3x6 blocks rock, seriously if you want to make an extra and send it to me, that would be awesome :) haha. As usual, everything looks just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bee blocks,...and the beep beep quilts,... and your design ideas. You're a busy quilter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's fun getting to see your design ideas - lots of great options, I look forward to seeing what you pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the way your sketchings look. I'm looking for just the right pattern to use my DS quilts fabric on too and would definitely be interested in a quilt-along.

    ReplyDelete
  10. *sigh* The things you are working on are amazing! The 3x6 blocks are so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just discovered your blog at the WIP link-up. You talented and imaginative! I love it.

    Your blocks look great. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the DS Quilts fabric. And I'm also looking forward to your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks great! And that is a lot of progress on spiderweb if you ask me! Sometimes getting things ready to go takes more work then the actual sewing!!

    I can't wait for the tutorial!! ANd your sketches look awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maybe the spiderweb will seem to go faster once you get all the kite parts made. I like the new project your playing with and especially like the one that looks like the birds eye as they call it, the plus sign one on the bottom left. I am really wanting to start a new project too along with all the other WIP's I have going.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the design in the lower left hand corner, it is so cute! I think the DS Quilts fabric would be beautiful in a design like that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you were to do a zigzag quilt along using strips instead of HSTs, I will totally be there. I looooove the design/fabric pulling part of the process.

    Also: do I see a square root symbol in your tutorial sketches? I love math.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I say progress is progress even if its minimal! I think the spiderweb quilt will be stunning once completed. I really like the bee blocks. if you ask me , you have made quite a bit of progress overall.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The 3x6 blocks are great! But I can't wait to see your spiderweb quilt when it's done :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like I talk about the same thing every week!

    Your 3x6 blocks turned out great. A tut for them would be fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. All your projects look great, I really couldn't say which one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, you have such awesome wips! I love the bee blocks!... and your designs, i like what you did to the 2nd down from the top left. Very cute! (love things i can use lots of scraps with.)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Quilt-along! I'm quilt-alongless right now, so you should host one just for me. :) Oops, did that come across as selfish??

    Beautiful work, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those 3x6 blocks are awesome! Super cool, lady. And even your sketches are pretty - you sketch so much more neatly than I do! Of course, it would help if I ever sharpened my colored pencils. : ) I would love a quilt-along too, so you wouldn't be hosting it JUST for Katie, LOL!

    Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love those blocks in the botton right corner - I am intending to learn 1/2 square triangles for my next quilt and don't like stars. Those blocks are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your Bee blocks, they are gorgeous. And your notebook has so many lovely ideas. But at this stage I'm wondering if you live in an alternate universe with, maybe, 40 hour days and 10 day weeks....HOW do you get so much done in a week????? It's amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the Twin Beep Beep Quilts. The red blocks really pop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat