Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Farmhouse Patchwork Quilt

I'm gearing up for heading to Atlanta on Friday for the Stash Bash, so I haven't been doing a ton of sewing this week, but I do have another finish to share today! Back in January, I worked up a quilt for Quilt Magazine, and it's featured in their June/July issue, on stands now. Say hello to Farmhouse Patchwork!

IMG_2456rt

This quilt pattern, also called Farmhouse Patchwork, is a super easy, scrappy quilt that you can easily put together in a weekend. The small patchwork squares are all pieced using simple, speedy strip-piecing, so this quilt blocks come together quite quickly and easily.

IMG_2421rt


I used the new Charleston Farmhouse fabric collection by Felicity Miller for this quilt, mixed with a few Free Spirit Designer Solids. I just love the shade of coral in this collection, it's a gorgeous color that's sometimes hard to find in quality quilting cottons, and the Plumberry print, available in several colors, is a great stash print. You can find Charleston Farmhouse in stock at Pink Castle Fabrics.

IMG_5136rt


So, head on out and pick up a copy of the new issue of Quilt magazine! I found my copy at my local grocery store, but I've also seen Quilt on stands on Barnes & Noble and Jo-Ann's. Have a great day!

IMG_5130rt

13 comments:

  1. this quilt looks great.

    Grit from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilt, although I'm sure I wouldn't be able to put it together as quickly as you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt turned out really wonderful. Congrats on the new publication.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great feature. I wish we could get that magazine over here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coral. It makes me happy! I love your quilt and will be looking for the magazine this very day~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quilt! Love the colors and the name!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cute quilt, love the colors you used, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Over here we don't find the magazine in our stores so I have to admire this quilt here. Love the photo with the quilt on the bed. (Because I love quilts on beds photos :) ).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooooh!!! Absolutely gorgeous. Just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful... an I love coral too!
    esthersipacthandquilt AT yahoo DOT com
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! Beautiful Farmhouse Patchwork quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats! I fell in love with that fabric line when I first saw it in person at Quiltcom. I snagged a little bit there, but seeing it in your quilt makes me want to buy much more!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this quilt! The fabric line is a perfect choice for it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat